Promont is a historical house in Milford, Ohio, United States, which was integrated in 1865 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It was house to John M. Pattison, 43rd Governor of Ohio from 1879 up until his death in 1906.
|Nearest city||Milford, OH|
|NRHP reference #||80002959|
|Added to NRHP||November 21, 1980|
Promont was built in 1865 by William McGrue on a hill above the town of Milford, OH and the Little Miami River. The Italianate Victorian house was bought in 1879 by John M. Pattison, 43rd Governor of Ohio.
Promont served as the Governor’s residence during Pattison’s term in workplace. He returned house to Promont that day. Pattison directed the state federal government from Promont up until his death on June 18, 1906.
Promont remained a private home until 1983 when it was donated by James Kirgan to the Greater Milford Area Historical Society. Promont was put on the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 1980.