The Township of West Chester Ohio
West Chester Township is one of the thirteen townships of Butler County, Ohio, United States, located in the southeastern corner of the county. It is situated between Sharonville and Liberty Township, about 18 miles (29 km) north of Cincinnati, and is included in the Cincinnati Metropolitan Area.
West Chester Data
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.5 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||1,717.1/sq mi (663.0/km2)|
The thirteenth and last in order of production, it was erected from Liberty Township by the Butler County Commissioners on June 2, 1823, upon petitions from residents of the area. No borders were given up the resolution gone by the commissioners, but it initially included 35 square miles (91 km ²), simply except a complete study town. The new area was offered the name “Union.” Because Union Township was familiarly known as West Chester, plus the abundance of other areas in Ohio called Union, the name was changed to West Chester Township efficient June 28, 2000, after being validated by the town’s citizens at the March 9 primary election. Many census and federal government records, consisting of the 2000 census, describe Union Township. Today, it is the only West Chester Township statewide. West Chester government employment.
2 are chosen in the year after the governmental election and one is elected in the year before it. Jobs in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the staying trustees. Politically, West Chester Township leans greatly towards the Republican Party.
3 times citizens have turned down the incorporation of the area as a city. On February 2, 1988, the vote was 4,097 to 3,956 against incorporation; 5,816 to 4,972 versus on August 8, 1989, and 5,054 to 4,679 against on August 3, 1993.
Over the last few years, the population of West Chester Township has actually grown rapidly, causing substantial building throughout the township.
Formed in 1967, the area authorities department utilizes around 100 individuals. Led by Police Chief Joel Herzog, it is organized into three distinct bureaus: the Patrol Bureau, the Support Bureau, and the Administration Bureau.
Many of the municipality is in the Lakota Local School District, but parts are likewise in the Princeton City School District and a small part on the eastern border is in the Mason City School District. The largest single school building in the town is the Lakota West High School Main Campus. The Lakota West High School Main Campus has about 2,000 trainees and 145 staff members.
The town was home to the Voice of America’s Bethany Relay Station, a center covering 625 acres (2.5 km ²) in the northeast corner of the town that broadcast American propaganda overseas from 1943 to 1994. The property owned by the Voice of America Station has now been converted into Voice of America MetroPark. This park includes a 1.42-mile walking path around a lake. The Miami University Voice of America Learning Center was opened in 2009. The town is home to a number of parks in addition to Voice of America MetroPark, including Keehner Park. The township is also home to the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati, which is one of the biggest mosques in the area.
In 2006 ground was broken for The Square at Union Centre which will function as the town square for West Chester hosting events surrounded by class An office and restaurants. The West Chester library will become part of the square and a bell-tower built by the well-known and historic Verdin Bell Company of Cincinnati already works as the centerpiece to the square.
A few of the town remains in the West Chester post office (45069) and the southeastern corner is served by the Sharonville workplace (45241 ). Fairfield (45014) and Hamilton (45011 or 45015) also serve the municipality. West Chester Animal Control.
West Chester, OH Zip Code
45011 45014 45069 45241 45246